Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How to Avoid the Tempest to Come

Last night I had a bad dream. I was in unfamiliar farmland somewhere, touring around looking at the sights to see. The weather was bad, but I didn't pay it heed. I was on a high plain, and, although I should have, I didn't notice the clouds closing in, darkening the sky, and the wind picking up. The other people that were with me, must have sensed what was happening, and, rather than warn me and take me with them, they just left me there.

Things got bad; I... mean... BAD. Among other debris, there were even entire machine sheds flying through the air, and one of them crashed into the ground very close by. I had no shelter. There was no place to hide. A violent tornado was tearing up the plain, and getting closer, and I had no options whatsoever for self preservation. With the debris crashing into the ground around me like meteorites, I didn't have to wait for the main event to get killed--it was just a matter of time.

Crouching there with my hands over my head in a vain effort to protect myself, with no options available to me, I was suddenly aware of a horse sidling up to me. Yes, in that chaos, a horse. It was a big chestnut mare, with no saddle or reins. She shielded me with her body, and seemed to want me to climb aboard. I'd never ridden a pony with a saddle much less a big horse bareback, so that seemed impossible. I didn't even know how to get on! Incredibly, she kneeled down, so I could get on easier. I quickly oafed my way onto her back, and leaned forward against her neck and she stood up. I wrapped my arms around her strong neck and whispered into her mane that I didn't know how to ride (as if she didn't know that by now!), and I felt reassurance from her telepathically. She started to run off out of the pending doom with me clinging to her, and she sensed every wrong in my balance and corrected for it. We came to a narrow ledge that was sloped, with, of all things, a sheet of roofing tin laying across it, soaking wet from the now driving rain. I thought, "There's no way she can maintain her footing across that!", but she did, and nimbly. In short order, she brought me outside the limits of the tempest, and into calm. When she had delivered me to complete safety, she stopped, and once again very considerately kneeled down so I could get off safely. I hugged her neck and petted her and thanked her profusely for saving my life.

I woke up shortly thereafter. I lay there thinking about this powerfully symbolic dream.

I was myself, of course, but mankind also. The storm and tornado was the end of the world, and Hell. The horse was the Lord. "But a mare; a female?", you ask? Yes, a female, to symbolize the Lord's compassion upon the lost and needy.

I had NO options to save myself--I was as good as dead; The Lord said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me". (John 14:6)

The horse correcting all of my imbalance could be seen as the Lord forgiving me of all of my sins for turning to Him; "...Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee".(Matt 9:2)


The narrow, sloped ledge represented the Valley of Death, and "...narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (Matt 7:14)

Being delivered out of certain destruction, was being saved by the Lord, by believing in Him (me clinging for dear life to the horse's
neck) "He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:18)

There's only one option available to anyone who wants to live forever, and that is to ask the Lord Jesus to save you. Nothing and nobody else can do this for you. Heaven awaits, but you can't earn your way in, you can't sneak your way in, you can't buy your way in, you can't bargain your way in, you can't bribe your way in, you can't break or force your way in--there is NO way into Heaven and everlasting life than through the Lord, as stated above in John 14:6


Take the opportunity today, and go to http://www.av1611.org/getsaved.html and follow the super-simple steps, and your place in Heaven with the Lord will be reserved for all time for you! "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:2-3)

There you have it--a promise from the Son of God Himself of your permanent reservation in Heaven, just for asking Him to save you! Praise God!

No comments: